About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Thursday 24 November 2011

Trinity Hospice

Some of you may remember that Trinity Hospice recently asked for votes so that they could be considered for the NatWest funding initiative. Winners would receive just over £6,000.

This post is to thank those that took the time to vote and give you the updated news that Trinity DID win and have been granted the additional funding of £6,275 towards their community nurses. The community nurses help people in the local community cope with terminal illness - either in their own homes or if this becomes too difficult in the Hospice itself.

It is a service that at some point in the future I will be depending upon, so by helping them you're helping me - in the long term :)

I am so grateful to those who took the time to vote and also to those who have and who continue to support this cause via the Just Giving link to the left of this blog.
Remember one less pack of cards or one less roll of wrapping paper = a small donation to the Hospice

Many thanks again xxXxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased that trinty hospice got this funding thats such greart new :) xxx

    ReplyDelete