About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Thursday 17 February 2011

Trinity Hospice Fund Raising

As you know I set up a fund-raising page on 'Just Giving' to raise necessary funding for my local hospice, Trinity Hospice.

Initially I set my target at just £200 - today that target was reached and I just want to express my thanks to everyone who has donated so far.

Each pound makes a difference to them, especially as they only receive about a third of their funding from the government. As we know, cut backs are currently taking place and it is more than possible that even this third may well be reduced in time - therefore fund-raising becomes even more necessary for such a worthy cause.

Today I have adjusted my target to £300. If you meant to donate but haven't done so as yet, please remember that every penny is appreciated....help me to reach my new target of £300 if you haven't yet donated and won't miss a pound....

Thank you to all who have and those that will :-)


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carole! What a wonderful feeling for you to know that you are making a difference. Funding is also a huge problem in Australia these days.
    Sending love and best wishes to you on your road to recovery my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the minimum is £2 so I've started off the fund raising by donating my £2. Only another 49 people to donate the same to reach your new target! good luck Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My £2 is on there...only another 48 to go...come one everyone, lets make this girl proud like she has done for us!

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you guys are great - thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete