About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Thursday 19 August 2010

Presents .....:-)

There was a time when I would get different sorts of presents, champagne, wine, chocolates.......those that know Rab will also be aware of the numerous 'odd' presents he has presented me with over the years (LOL)
One day when I get time I shall have a proper think and try to list some of the oddities he's decided I'd either 'like' or 'need'...:-)

The weirdest one by far was a book on 'How to complete Open Heart Surgery'...I have NO idea what he was thinking that day but he does make me smile (sometimes in pure puzzlement - is that actually a word or not?)

Lately my presents have been less the chocolate and champagne type and more 'natural'...

This week I had a lovely bunch of flowers from Lou - thank you Lou and it was so lovely to see you as well - despite the fact you only really came to see Dizzie! Still who can actually resist him, he's so lovely I'm not even bothered that you preferred to visit him instead of me - lol.....


The real reason for Lou's visit below....:-)



Then tonight the gorgeous Loretta - (Leanne's sister) - came round for dinner and presented me with a lovely tray of veggies that she's grown herself on her plot.
I'm seriously impressed Loretta - this time last year she didn't have a clue about home grown veg and now she's able to say 'What would you like, I've got tons of different stuff'...Brilliant, just brilliant.
Here's a pic of Loretta's homegrown........



Actually, thinking about it my Sister came with veggie's from Greece and Jac recently turned up with a huge box of organic veg, so I was thinking how lucky I am to have friends who get me useful, tasty and healthy stuff rather than boring ol' chocolates... :-))
Thank you x

2 comments:

  1. Well, you have to admit that Dizzie is a seriously handsome chap. Shame he buggered off shortly after we'd been introduced. Story of my life that ...

    Am seriously well impressed with the lovely Loretta's veg tray. Good for you, girl. I just turned up with flowers. From Sainsbury's. Not even a florists! I am ashamed of myself. Although, if we do manage to meet up next week sometime, and I organise myself sufficiently to remember, there may be some homegrown raspberries on offer (You missed the plums. Annoyingly, the wasps didn't. Little f*****s ate most of them).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers were lovely Louise...raspberries would be lovely too - yum! :-)

    If we can fit it in I'd like to go to that Italian place again, lovely food.
    We can send pic's to Sarah...well, actually I'll put them on here if we go there again.

    ReplyDelete