About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Monday 14 June 2010

2nd Week Started....

Today, Monday, 14th June, was the start of the second week of my 5 week Radiotherapy treatment. Went fine today pretty much in and out inside an hour - so all good :-)

Tomorrow after Radiotherapy I have to meet with the Clinical team and also the Doctor to review my Chemo treatment. I've given this so much thought over the past 5 days but am still no nearer to really knowing what I want to happen next (although I'm fast learning that it doesn't really matter what I want to happen, because things just crash along - completely out of my control lately)

I've read up on stuff that says having the Chemo gives you a slight increased chance of the cancer not returning in the future - but then I've read stuff that says the Chemo itself can and does cause different tumours in the future.

I was on Chemo for only two days last week and that resulted in the onset of a shingles type viral attack, my gums have now bled for the past 3 days, the inside of my face is sore and uncomfortable, I have a dodgy 'ache' type feeling on the left side of my chest....and I have no idea how my body will/would/could react to a further 28 days of Chemo tablets. Like I said, I don't really know how I feel about it all now so I'll wait and see what they say at the hospital tomorrow and take it from there.
I'm confused.co.uk tonight and just want it all to go away and leave me alone.

On a brighter note, had a visitor from work pop in to see me this evening, Sophie, one of the young teachers at our school. She came round to drop off a present from the Office Crew which was a bright red ENGLAND shirt.
They thought I'd like to have it to wear during the next match, it's part of the Bobby Moore Bowel Cancer Campaign so I shall wear it with pride. Sophie tells me that the girls in the office have got themselves one each and will be wearing them when England play :-)....Let's hope it makes the difference eh.



Rab's still smarting from the Algeria match yesterday - apparently the Ref's a cheat and blind and biased !!!
I've managed not to laugh in front of him though because he SOOOO wants them to do well (not a hope of course but he's optimistic at least).

Djamel's already told him 'Daddy, I'm supporting England during the World Cup and I hope you can live with that'...L0L....

As for Greece???? Manolis, what on earth happened there

5 comments:

  1. Yeah okay you can laugh about Algeria and Greece, but you keep changing your teams like the English weather! Hope your appointment went okay today. You're right about what will happen will happen so try not to think too far ahead. Every day is a new day and it can make you crazy if you think too much so let the NHS do the thinking and then you can decide whats best from the options they give you.

    31 degrees here today, phew! Manolis & I just been to the beach for an early evening swim. Your room is ready and "ant free" so when you get off the radio therapy get your ars* (LOL) over here! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there some kind of football thing going on then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. COME ON ENGLAND! (sorry Rab) 15 minutes to the start! Louise, what time is your flight back from Mars!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I can't believe how badly they played :-) IF they qualify for the next round they're in trouble once they meet stiffer competition.

    Rab was so excited but also now so disappointed. James text him to say that Algeria were the better team on the night and that cheered him up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, by the 2nd half I was cheering for Algeria!

    ReplyDelete