About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Next Appointment

I have now been told that my next appointment at St. Thomas' is Tuesday, 25th May @ 2pm for the 'Pre-Radiotherapy Assessment'....This is when they will give me my tatoo! take blood tests, re-scan me and prepare for the start of the Chemo/Radio combination.

So, nothing much to do now in the meantime, except wait for the ball to start rolling and keep taking the painkillers (which are giving me the weirdest dreams now, so may go to the GP and see if there's an alternative which may suit me better).

I'm thinking that the actual treatment will probably begin first week of June for 5 weeks - so by mid July I just have to let all the poisons out of my system and get over any unpleasant symptoms that may or may not occur during the 5 week treatment. Then tackle the surgery after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment